Start spreading the news…
Three regions in New York state will be able to begin lifting their coronavirus-induced restrictions by the week’s end — while the Big Apple could begin reopening next month if the outbreak continues to ease off, officials said Monday.
The Finger Lakes, Mohawk Valley and Southern Tier have all met the seven criteria to reopen, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced.
That came as New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said the city may “be able to make some real changes” in June if hospitalizations and other statistics continue to trend downward.
Get the latest developments on the coronavirus straight to your inbox by signing up for our special edition newsletter.
Here’s what else we learned today:
- Countries across Europe, including France, Spain and Switzerland, began to emerge from lockdowns.
- Shanghai Disneyland reopened in limited fashion — the first Disney Park to allow guests after months of being shuttered.
- In Naples, Florida, so many people flocked to newly reopened beaches that authorities swiftly shut them down again.
Out of work:
- A swanky Lower East Side nightclub appears to have violated social-distancing rules and hosted a secret “invite-only” party for affluent insiders, a source claims.
- The Kardashians are being called out after Khloé teepeed sister Kourtney’s house amid toilet paper shortages in the US due to the pandemic.
Credit: Source link