The Falcons may have already cleaned house on the management side, firing head coach Dan Quinn and general manager Thomas Dimitroff, but the organization reportedly has no plans to move on from franchise quarterback Matt Ryan or star receiver Julio Jones, per ESPN.
Sitting in the basement of the NFC South at 1-5, the Falcons parted ways with Quinn and Dimitroff following an 0-5 start. But after defensive coordinator Raheem Morris was promoted to interim head coach, Atlanta picked up its first win of the season, defeating the Vikings last Sunday 40-23.
Ryan threw for 371 yards and four touchdowns, while Jones led all receivers with eight receptions and 137 yards with two TD’s. Per ESPN, both central pieces of the Falcons’ offense are not available.
Teams have reportedly hovered around the 31-year-old Jones, according to ESPN, but the Falcons have essentially expressed that they have no plans to deal the seven-time Pro Bowl receiver.
The 35-year-old Ryan has three years and $74.75 million left on his contract with the Falcons, who reportedly plan to keep the QB through the remainder of the season.
Earlier this month, Falcons president and CEO Rich McKay said the new general manager would have control of personnel decisions. Owner Arthur Blank had said the traditional approach would be to hire a GM first before a head coach, but implied it could be out of order in the Falcons’ case.
Credit: Source link